Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mixed media canvas for 13@rts!!

Hello my friends!!!
Happy new year to all!!! Better late than never!!! I know that I have neglected my blog a lot lately but I have new responsibilities at the company I work for here in Greece which consumes almost all of my free/internet time!!! However I promise that whenever possible, I will do my posts and show you what I make!

Today I am sharing with you a mixed media canvas and a step by step tutorial on how to achive this look!
My goal was to be free and see what happens! This is the fun of mixed media right? And "art" is to express your self and feel liberated!


1. Start with background stamps. Randomly all over the canvas.

2. DON'T be afraid! Take your papers and tear them to pieces!!! Really liberating ;)

3. Select a nice stencil and apply Ayeeda modeling paste!

4. Add ribbon, trims, lace, whatever you like.

5. Misting time!!! I wanted some pink so I used an empty bottle and dropped some pink Ayeeda ink inside!!

6. If the colors are very intense, you can tone them down with gesso.

7. To add even more texture, apply some Ayeeda gel medium and spread some glass filler all over.

So, here is the final project...

"I love art"

A few more close ups...

4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is a stunning mixed media creation. Loved the step by step how to.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Rena said...

Υπέροχο Βίκυ,ευχαριστούμε!!!!!!!

Lizzy Hill said...

Stunning, Vicky..,. Thanks for sharing - it looks like a FUN technique!!!!

Melenia Agapides said...

Υπέροχη δουλειά για άλλη μια φορά, Βίκυ!! Πρέπει οπωσδήποτε να δοκιμάσω αυτά τα σφαιρίδια.... δείχνουν φανταστικά (ή μάλλον τα χρησιμοποιείς φανταστικά!)