Monday, October 2, 2017

SnP October Challenge!!

Hello dear friends!!!

There is a new challenge up to Scraps n pieces blog!!
Here is the WONDERFUL Mood board!!!



For this art journal page I obviously got inspired by the lovely photo of the vintage rusted car! I instantly fell in love with it!
For the color combo I was also inspired by the photo and I used wool and the quote from the mood board!



Infusions frenzy!!!
I am in love with this product! There are so many possibilities!
For this background I used the following steps:
  • I primed the whole page with white gesso
  • I spread the "A bit jaded" infusion with some white glue using a paint brush
  • I did some stamping using background stamps randomly
  • Next step was to use a stencil and apply modeling paste randomly on the layout
  • I then covered the pages with clear crackle medium
  • When it dried, I sprinkled some "Rusty car" Infusions and sprayed water over it
  • I created the composition making sure there are some metal elements to match the whole concept ;)
  • The edges were darkened using dylusions acrylic paint in order to create some depth
  • To highlight the whole thing, I used some coper acrylic paint with my finger, again randomly
Some close ups....






I hope you were inspired, this color combo is amazing!!
I can't wait to see how you will interpret our mood board and what inspired you the most!! 

Supply list:

I am participating in the following challenges:
Mixed Media place
A vintage Journey



6 comments:

JulD said...

Βίκυ το έργο σου είναι υπέροχο! Αγάπησα τα χρώματα που χρησιμοποίησες, το συνδυασμό με τη φωτογραφία και ιδιαίτερα το background... Μπράβο σου!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ για τα καλά σου λόγια!! Να'σαι καλά! Και η δική σου δουλειά μου αρέσει πάρα πολύ!!! <3

Redanne said...

The background colours are absolutely stunning! I love how you matched up the embellishments to the colours in that wonderful photo too. Thanks so much for joining in with us at A Vintage Journey! Anne xx

S@ndy Diller said...

Just love the entire thing Vicky. The colors and textures are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey

Arantzazu said...

woww!!!
fabulous art journal!
love the colors an d layers!
thanks for playing with s at MMP!

Juliya Tirskaya said...

Fantastic! Love this spread!
Thank you for joining as at Mixed Media Place!