"Spring Has Sprung"
This layout was made for "Scrapbook magazine" and it had the theme
"Spring". In my part of the world, spring has sprung!!!
For this background, I have used some Scrapmatts chipboard butterflies
as a mask and sprayed with various colours!! I cut the white cardstock about an inch (2cm) all around and placed it in the middle of the patterned paper. I placed a stencil and applied gesso over it. I sprayed and splashed here and there. I cut the paper into strips and created a banner. After that, I just placed the photos and started building the clusters around them!
1) When your patterned paper is too busy, use white cardstock to soften the colours of your composition! Don’t let the rest of your paper go wasted, cut off the middle piece that doesn’t show and use it to make photo mats or embellishments (like the banner for instance)
2) To attach the banner strips to the twine, fold the top over the twine and use a stapler.
3) Always paint your chipboard white before adding colour! It will show better!
4) If you don’t have a stencil, use your chipboard pieces as a mask like I did with the butterfly
5) If you don’t have a spatula, use an old credit card.
The pink flower is handmade, all the rest are Green Tara!!
Yellow pincushion, white primula, pink cherry
blossom and skeleton leaves!!
The cute buttons,twine, doilies and fabric flower are Purple Pumpkin!!!
And of course, daisies are number one spring flowers!!
You can also see one more white primula, a pink rose
and some more skeleton leaves!!
Papers: Crate (Emma’s shoppe),
Handmade Embellishments (fabric flower, buttons, doily, twine): Purple Pumpkin
Stencil: The Crafter’s Workshop
Mists: Tattered Angels (starfish, key lime pie) – Dylusions (fresh lime, lemon zest, bubblegum pink)
(springtime) Echo Park
Gesso: Martha Stewart
Zutter: Distrezz it all
Gems, gauze, 3d foam adhesive (unknown)
With this layout I am also entering the challenge at Get Creative!
Thanks for visiting!!
Have a nice weekend!!